Monday, March 18, 2013

Personality Types

A lovely co-worker of mine had me and our other co-worker take a quiz called a Briggs Myers' Typology Test. In it I was Extroverted, Intuitive, Feeling, and Judging. Now my co-workers and I figured there were some inaccuracies with the test, because it's hard to be objective about yourself. The biggest flaw with it is that apparently people with Judging personalities tend to be well organized. I always  mean to be well organized, but usually fall short in that category. Anyway, my co-worker made an excellent point. It wasn't so much that our different personality types were 100% accurate with that test, it was the fact that it opened up our personalities to discussion. I think we will be much better able to understand and work with each other. As much as we cut up about it, I believe that we make a pretty good trio when all is said and done. I'm very blessed to have two hard working people helping me this first time around teaching Geography, Civics, and Economics.

We also spent time about talking about the lovely cliche "opposites attract." (I promise we actually did get work done during all this talking.) One teacher mentioned, that "Opposites attract, but they don't stay together." Another said that it's especially true if your morals are different. I can see how having different morals could definitely make life difficult. At first, it's exciting and perhaps intriguing that they are so different. "What makes that person tick?" you ask. Then it starts to get annoying, "I wish he wasn't so dark and gloomy all the time." It stops being "oooo" mysterious, and starts getting darn right obnoxious. (By the way I am not making any commentary on anyone currently in my life, so if you think I'm talking about you, you're wrong.) If I went out with a guy who was a daredevil all the time, and did crazy stunts, I might find him exciting for awhile, and he could possibly shake thing up a bit, but I'm smart enough to know that my timid, self-preserving butt would not want to have to worry about him 24/7. I liked non-Christian men before, but there's only so many times I can handle a guy shaking his head at me for believing the way I believe, and I'm sure there's only so many times he can handle me trying to persuade him otherwise. Some couples can handle being opposite religions. I cannot. I would also make anyone who is a neat freak nuts. I am perpetually unorganized when it comes to my desk, but I am also perpetually on time. People who are tardy constantly make me annoyed. I think that is part of being a teacher. If you're early, you're on-time; if you're on-time, you're late.

Anyway if you would like to know your personality type based on the Briggs Myers' Typology Test, you can use the same one I did.
Quiz:
http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes1.htm
Descriptions of different types:
http://www.personalitydesk.com/story/compatibility-and-your-myers-briggs-personality-type

I am ENFJ, so Here's the link to my personality type Other than the organization part, I think it's fairly accurate. http://www.personalitydesk.com/enfj

Get a friend to take it, it's super fun to discuss the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment