Saturday, July 7, 2012

Update on Interview #2

Ok, so before I keep people waiting forever, no I don't have a job yet. They said they'd know by Monday, and I can't sign any paperwork before the 11th or the 18th, because they have to leave job postings up for 30 days. (Now I have some idea as to why many of my applications are ignored.)

Yesterday's interview was much more respectable in my opinion. I also really think that this interview was the first one, where teaching at Hoptown was really a good sign to them. I really don't understand why they think if you can teach there you can teach anywhere, but by all means they have a right to think that. I think I may have said "um" once, and it was after they asked me if I had anymore questions, after I had already asked three or four questions. I did not say "um" after any of the questions they asked me.

They need both an Arts & Humanities and History teacher. I'm not going to lie. I would love the AH job just for the change of pace. I would have to teach World History too, but I'm not going to complain, because I like World History better than U.S. History (teaching wise/I'm a big fan of our country's history to be sure.) I love Art History and Music History, and I would love the opportunity to study Dance and Theater more. I wrote a research paper on Modern Dance in Sophomore English in High School comparing Isadora Duncan and Martha Graham. That's the only experience I have with dance. I've watched ton's of musicals, but my experience with regular theater is also limited. I've read Shakespeare, Arthur Miller, and Tennessee Williams, but I'm not exactly an expert. So it would be a challenge to prep for with less than a month until school starts.

Even if I don't get the job, I think it was a solid interview. God somehow gave me the confidence to talk naturally and honestly. I was ridiculously nervous before the interview. I was sick to my stomach. It all went away when I shook hands with the principal. It's good to know I can do it. Even if I don't get a job at Hopkins Central.

Thank you to all my friends who have continuously prayed for me throughout the summer. Even if I don't get a job this year, I know that it is not from lack of support and steadfastness of my friends and family. Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment