Monday, July 16, 2012

Overwhelming thankfulness

In the past week or so I have been lucky enough to have great opportunities for interviews. I really hope that one of them pans out. This morning I received a call asking if I would interview at Christian Co. High School tomorrow at 3:30PM. Naturally I was thrilled to have the opportunity to stay in the area I taught my first year. Then this afternoon, I received a call from Christian Co. Middle School asking me to come in to interview for a 6th Grade position.

Now I am not directly qualified for a middle school position. I am certified in Social Studies 8-12. I am uncertain what it would take for me to teach middle school. However, when I told them this, they decided they wanted to talk to me anyway...today. I went in, and I can honestly say I am intrigued with the idea of teaching middle school. I had not really made a decision on what I wanted to get my Master's in, so that might be a decision made for me soon. I know you have to take the Praxis exam before you can get enrolled in a Master's program in Middle School. The teacher and principal I met were really great, and I was very impressed in the lengths they were going through to see if they could have me. I admit, it's hard not to get a big head when people do that kind of work for you.

I am ridiculously torn at this point. I could still get a call from Central Hopkins. I could get offers from either of the two schools in Christian County, and I have no idea what to say. All I can say is that God must be smiling down on me these past couple of weeks, because he has provided me with so many opportunities. He has blessed me with wonderful former co-workers to support me with recommendations and moral support. If I don't receive any job offers from all of this, I will know it is not from lack of trying. I cannot wait to be able to send out thank you cards with hopefully good news to all of my references.

No comments:

Post a Comment