Thursday, May 17, 2012

Priorities and Changes

I sit here in my newly clean classroom that is only mine for the next 48 minutes. It reminds me so much of when I first got here. I was new teacher with no idea what to expect from the nine months ahead of me, kind of like an expectant mother. I was proud of my accomplishment, of finally getting a job. Now I have similar feelings. I'm proud of surviving my first year of teaching. So many people have told me today that I did a good job my first year teaching. I'm not sure what proof I have of that, but I appreciate their thoughts.

So I am trying again to get a job, but I am proud of my accomplishments this year. I have learned that I'm a lot nicer than I thought I was. I need to work on my classroom management and --no surprise here-- my organization. Just as at the end of college, I have to take what I've learned and put it towards next year.

Yesterday I received a letter from a friend of mine who is going to Poland on a mission trip. I had recently told him about losing my job, and he was very supportive. He reminded me of what my priorities should be. This in turn reminded me of one of my favorite verses.
"28 And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good,[a] for those who are called according to his purpose."Romans 8: 28

I need to trust God not to change my life for the worse, but accept that there is a reason for everything I'm experiencing right now. At least I'm young and un-attached, so I don't have to uproot family to do all this moving around. It's tough for someone like me who dislikes sudden change to give up control of a situation, and just let it be. I still have preferences for where to live, but if I don't let it go soon, it'll drive me up the wall. So continue praying for me, and I hope that these realizations will help me accept whatever change happens in the next couple of months.



No comments:

Post a Comment